Sundance Film Festival
Park City, Utah USA
Learn more about this organization here:
Employment Type: Paid Job
Position Type: Year Round
Application Deadline: 07/09/2012
Housing Provided: No
Festival Dates: 01/17/2013 - 01/27/2013
DescriptionThis position may be required to work extended hours and weekends leading up to and during the annual Film Festival. Additionally, this position will be required to be lodged in Park City, UT for the 10 days of the Film Festival. Occasional travel to the Los Angeles and New York offices will be required.
Position Summary: The Assistant Controller will report to the Controller and assist with the day to day management of the Finance department.
Job Duties/Responsibilities• Oversee the Institute-wide invoicing function: develop and implement effective procedures; train departments on appropriate submission procedures and ensure adherence; manage preparation and submission of invoices; monitor and track open invoices; manage collections process including appropriate journal and revenue entries.
• Oversee and implement the Accounts Receivable module in Financial Edge.
• Manage and prepare general journal entries and Sundance Film Festival revenue entries in the accounting system (Financial Edge).
• Manage the ticketing revenue reconciliation to Financial Edge, ensure appropriate journalizing and accounting.
• Oversee and implement the Grant Management process in Financial Edge.
• Manage the Charitable Solicitation registration process in all states including relationship management with legal firm.
• Oversee credit card processing – maintain revenue reconciliation worksheets, assist with processing issues and manage vendor relations.
• Develop and oversee merchandise inventory procedures and training materials. Ensure accuracy and adherence.
• Train budget managers on proper expense treatment for items such as depreciation and other key financial policies and ensure adherence.
• Journalize reclass entries.
• Manage allocations for overhead costs including medical and disability insurance and payroll service fees.
• Manage sales and use tax returns, unclaimed property returns and annual census surveys.
• Oversee contract management function to ensure all contracts are properly executed and retained.
• Assist in special projects including the Chart of Accounts conversion.
Other duties as assigned.
Requirements/CertificationsEmployee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field required.
• 4 years of direct experience required.
• CPA highly preferred (certification in progress is acceptable).
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Non-profit accounting experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong knowledge of general and nonprofit accounting principals, regulations and procedures required.
• Effective communication and strong analytical skills required.
• Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge software preferred.
• Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment required.
• Must posses ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple tasks/responsibilities, and meet tight deadlines.
• In addition, applicant must possess a commitment to and enthusiasm for Sundance Institute’s mission.
This position has been viewed 284 times.Apply Now